I’m an artist/photographer based in Ennis, Co. Clare, Ireland. I like photographing painterly/fine art scenes. My themes are wide and varied including the innocence of childhood, precious family moments, dramatic seascapes and landscapes,vibrant flowers and moody figure studies. I tend to paint impressionistic and moody paintings. The media I work in include watercolours, oils, pastels, acrylics and paintings on silk.
The thing I love about painting/photography is that it captures a moment in time. I love the edges, curves and textures of the Burren in particular and the West of Ireland in general. Light patterns, colours and the beauty of the land, sea and sky are my inspiration. I love both the subtle and dramatic changes in the weather and seasons and how they affect the quality of light.
Past exhibitions include
• City Gallery, City Hall & Gallery 75, Limerick.
• DeValera Library & Clare Museum, Ennis, Co. Clare
• Tides Gallery, Liscannor, Co. Clare
• Kenny Gallery, Lahinch, Co. Clare
• Kenny Gallery, Galway • Mullingar Arts Centre, Mullingar, Co. Westmeath
• glór, Ennis, Co. Clare
• Hunt Museum, Limerick
• Cavan County Museum, Cavan
• Adare Heritage Center, Adare, Co. Limerick
I have studied at the Burren College of Art Ballyvaughan; Gallery 75, Limerick.; Raheen Art Studio, Limerick and Limerick Senior College
I’m a member of the Limerick Art Society,Society for all artists (SAA) and the Portrait society of America.
Rena Casey Lewis
T 087 2358195